Rameshwaram Temple History
RameswaramJyotirlinga in Ramnathapuram of Tamilnadu has a special significance in Hinduism. Shivalinga established here is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas. It is believed that the significance of Kashi in the north is equally important to Rameshwaram in the south. This is one of the four Dhams of Sanatan Dharma. Where does the devotee offer ganga water on Jyotirling, he becomes completely free from life. And he gets salvation.
Location of Rameshwaram temple:
Rameshwaram is a beautiful island situated about 425 miles south-east of Chennai. The island is surrounded by the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal. In ancient times this island was associated with India. Later, because of the waves of the ocean, it got separated from India. The British constructed a railway bridge to connect Rameswaram with the help of a German engineer.
Mythological Story of Rameshwaram
It is said that when Lord Ram was killed Ravana and returning to Ayodhya with mother Sita. Then they stayed on the way on the Gandhamadan mountain and rested. Listening to the news of their arrival to see them, from there reached the sage. Rishis told Shriram that they have destroyed the Pulastya ancestry , which has led them to commit sin of Brahma killing. Shri Ram decided to set up Jyothirlinga for the liberation of sins by the orders of the sages.
For this, Lord Ram requested Hanuman ji to visit the Kailash mountain and bring it with Shivling. But Hanuman ji did not bring Shivling to the right muhurta. When Hanumanji could not bring Shivling on time, then the mother Sita made Shiva from the sand lying beside the sea. Then this Shivalinga Shri Ram ji worshiped. This Shivling is called Ramnath. Later on the arrival of Hanuman ji, the Shivaling brought by him was established beside him. Lord Shiva named Hanumdeshwar of this Shivling.
24 wells have special significance here.
There are 24 wells in Shri Rameshwaram, which are called 'Shrines'. It is believed that after bathing with these wells, one gets freedom from all his sins. The devotees drink it with sweet water here. It is said that these wells were constructed by Shri Ram through his Amogh arrow.
- What do libertarians think about immigration
- How does society view asexuals
- Do Ray Bans come with a case
- Is Alphabet Inc Googles parent company hiring
- How do ChannelAdvisor and Magento compare
- What are ISFP and ISTJ like
- Which is better Ionic Framework or Eclipse
- What causes someone to develop performance anxiety
- How good is NIT Patna campus
- What do Japanese think about Bangladesh
- How does the army build concrete walls
- Is a zero matrix a diagonal matrix?no_redirect=1
- Are Magic Jack calls encrypted
- Where can I buy Syscoin coins
- How is the Pakistan Army
- What was armenia genocide
- Why does Vishnu have blue skin
- Do normal gyms do CrossFit classes
- Why is atheism not popular in India
- How do young boys have gay sex