Don’t Fool Yourself
Unless you’ve been hiding in a cave for the past 5 years you know that technology is changing really fast. With these changes comes higher user expectations. In other words – your website visitors are becoming more and more influenced by the quality of your website, which means if your competitor is investing in his website with new technology, he’s getting the upper hand.
But Don’t Kick Yourself
If you want a powerful online presence for your school you can have it. I’ve compiled 5 essential website features that you need to have in 2015 if you expect your fitness website to remain relevant, rank high in search engines and produce new leads for your gym.
1. Blog: Consistently ranked at the top of the “most influential SEO tools” blogs provide fresh content to your site that is current. Google loves fresh content, and if you’re smart you can optimize your blog to index new and important keywords that you want to rank for.
But what’s more is that blogs provide relevant content that your website visitors LOVE to see. If you’re a martial arts school owner- you want your website visitors to know that your school is a lively, active place with a lot going on! Blogs are the perfect way to highlight this.
2. Reviews: I’m shocked at how many martial arts websites ignore this ESSENTIAL page. On the 300+ martial arts websites I manage, over 80% of visitors’ first clicks are to the reviews page. Surprised? Don’t be. Parents and potential students want to know you can be trusted, and in the age of social media positive reviews are quickly becoming requirement before users take action.
IMPORTANT: Your reviews shouldn’t be cookie cutter or copied from another site. Not only will you be flagged as spam for duplicate content, but users will call your bluff in a heartbeat. Remember: honesty always wins when it comes to SEO – pretending someone said something about your school that they didn’t will never help. If you’re looking for a simple way to get reviews on to your site, I recommend the Facebook comment plugin for a review page platform.
3. E-commerce: You can buy everything else online, why not martial arts classes? E-commerce is the key to securing more qualified leads because, let’s face it, even with a fantastic follow-up system some leads just drop off the face of the earth and never return your calls.
With so many shopping cart options available, you’d be crazy to not try and accept payments for something on your website. My recommendation? Allow users to reserve a trial class online for a small fee. If they’ve invested a few dollars they’re more likely to show up AND you secure their commitment. This is one of my favorite features on fitness business websites.
Looking for ways to create a great user experience for customers who purchase something on your site? Check out the KISSmetrics blog on making the payment process easy for online customers
4. Instructor Bios with Photos: 80+% of my client’s visitors first click to their review page- but guess where their second click is? The instructors page. Let me reiterate: Let me reiterate: parents and potential members want to know you can be trusted – and since a picture speaks a thousand words ADD A PICTURE OF YOURSELF.
My client’s who have a complete instructor profile consistently see higher conversion rates on their site. No need to brag on your instructor bio – give your website visitors what they are looking for: reasons to trust you – what proof you can help them. Tell them about your 500 world championship titles once they’ve joined.
5. EASY calls to action: If you want your visitors to take action on your site (e.g. fill out a lead form) make it incredibly easy for them to do so! Clear calls to action result in more website conversions – don’t leave people guessing what they should do next.
You want to guide every visitor down an intended sales funnel. Sure, some or most of your visitors won’t follow it exactly – but if you are ambiguous on what you intend your website to be used for, your users won’t know what they should do.
Sure – your website can be used just to give information about your services
Google makes it clear that small businesses need to stay up to date with the latest website technology and search algorithms. But if keeping up with the current best practices seems overwhelming, it’s because it is. Experts devote their entire careers to understanding what makes for the best user experience, what the latest Google updates mean, and how to get visitors to your page and convert them.
But having an updated and well-performing website is easier than ever before when you let us do the hard work for you. We can build an expertly crafted, integrated website that includes all the essential features your business needs. In addition to a homepage, our responsive website templates include key pages such as about us, programs, schedule, contact us, blog, testimonials, an area for members to login and forms to drive leads. They also fully integrate with our software. If you’re interested learning more about our websites and how they can transform your online presence schedule your demo today!
From blogging and have a solid website to developing personas and being active on social media, a strong marketing strategy is the key to success for most fitness business. Get your copy of our free 10 Step Marketing Guide for Gyms for effective, easy-to-implement strategies.
- Will India never improve because of overpopulation
- What is Agora in the dark web
- What is the chr function in PHP
- What is Indias favourite fast food chain
- Why is agnosticism less popular than atheism?no_redirect=1
- What is hydrostatic and pure shear state
- How hot can thermite burn
- When were the first Commonwealth games held
- Does Oberlo automatically order
- Why does Putin hate homosexuals
- What is a diary
- What is the best inground pool
- Can a girdle help with weight loss
- What do people think of Minnesotan accents
- For Philmont are trekking poles necessary