Dionysus is usually depicted as a dark-haired, bearded young man, but he can be shown beardless as well.
Symbol or Attribute
Grapes, winecups, and wineskins; the staff formed a pinecone on a stick called a thyrsus.
Dionysus is the creator of wine. He also shakes things up when it gets dull.
God of intoxication and drunkenness, states he pursues frequently.
Son of Zeus and Semele, who unwisely asked to see her lover Zeus in his real form; he appeared in thunder and lightning and Semele was consumed; Zeus saved their child from the ashes of her body.
Best known is Ariadne, Cretan princess/priestess who assisted Theseus to defeat the Minotaur only to be abandoned by him on the shores of Naxos, one of the islands favored by Dionysos. Fortunately, Dionysus liked beachcombing and quickly found and comforted the abandoned princess with an offer of marriage.
- Was Karl Marx a Christian
- What is Cornish Tartan Kilt
- How many BTS members are virgins
- How do we feel sad
- Why are grunts so funny in Halo
- Why don t you have a mortgage
- Does what we do alter perception
- How do people shut their brains off
- Who grills the best steak in Toronto
- Which countries have highest employment rate
- What made you regret marrying your spouse?no_redirect=1
- Why is CO a strong ligand
- What do you think of Chuck Jones
- Are you tough
- What is the typical drug lord like