The first step in this problem is to put you calculator away and not use it.
Now calculate some powers of 4.
41 = 4
42 = 4 4 = 16
43 = 16 4 = 64
44 = 64 4 = 256
45 = 256 4 = 1024
Notice that each time you only need to know the units digit of the previuos power to find the units digit of the next power. For example when multiplying 256 4 you first find 6 4 = 24 and then the rest of the multiplication is not important. The units digit of 256 4 is 4. If the units digit of a power of 4 is 6 then the units digit of the next power of 4 is 4. If the units digit of a power of 4 is 4 then the units digit of the next power of 4 is 6. Thus the units digits form a repeating cycle, 4,6,4,6,4,6,4,6,...
So what is the units digit of 4478?
Now can you find the units digit of 3478?
- Who is lonely and needs a friend
- Why dont I know Math
- What are CAN estimators
- What country has the best geographical location
- What is so great about Apple
- Why are there no Canadian noble titles
- What animals do pigs eat
- Does Oslo Norway have good public transportation
- Can asbestosis cause breathing problems
- Is bowel cancer treatable
- Who is the president of Japan 3?no_redirect=1
- When will Russia become part of Pakistan?no_redirect=1
- Why do we have welfare
- How can the poor make some money
- Who are the brothers of Yahweh
- Does Jennie from Black Pink smell
- How do you become user interface designer
- Why is potato called theft food
- Distinguish between extractive and manufacturing industry