Three Kinds of Time
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” âRomans 8:6
1. There is clock time, calendar time, season time, life cycle time, chronological time.
This is real and natural time.
2. There is psychological time.
This is unreal and unnatural time.
3. There is eternal time.
This is spiritual time.
1.Â Living in clock, calendar, or cycle timeâ
keeps you focused on current needs and survival.
2.Â Living in psychological timeâ
keeps you focused on self as ego.
3.Â Living in eternal timeâ
keeps you open and free for God.
1.Â Clock, calendar, cycle time can be understood and experienced as past or future but not present.
- There is no now.
- There is no present.
All that you sense, experience, and think about is past. It is a biological fact that your reality is past before you are aware of it. Sensation and perception are always behind.
Memory is all you know. All that is happening is unfolding in the future. Life is what is about to be. Death is past. Illusion is present.
The now or present is an absurd idea that cannot occur as time cannot stop for the moment to be. Time is a river that cannot be captured by the present. You must stay alert for the next unfolding.
2.Â Psychological time is created through identification. Identification with self as three ideas:
(a) The global or eternal self: thinker, observer, witness, recorder.
(b) The specific present self: becoming, changing, striving.
(c) The specific past/future self: ideal or damned result or ideal goal.
Becoming is the lie that covers the delusion of psychological time.
3.Â Eternal time subsumes and surrounds past, present, and future so that they are only a play inside eternal time.
- In eternal time, all is done already.
- In eternal time, all was done already.
- For eternal time, life is a movie that has already been seen.
3D: Daily Dose of Discernment: 2019
#Being #Present: 2019-06-21
1. Being present is hosting where you are hosting.
2. Being present is reflecting when you are reflecting.
3. Being present is amplifying what you are amplifying.
4. Being present is being who you are as the host of what is present to you.
5. Being present is how you are creative, skilled, talented, and perform well because when you are present, you host and thereby are out of the way of intelligence and power.
Quotations from Various Sources
“Be where you are. Do what you are doing.” âKevin Everett FitzMauriceÂ
“Come what may, time and the hour runs through the roughest day.” âWilliam ShakespeareÂ
“Each moment is a place you’ve never been.” âMark StrandÂ
“For ego, tomorrow can only be yesterday.” âKevin Everett FitzMauriceÂ
“I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.” âAlbert EinsteinÂ
“Let us not burden our remembrances with a heaviness that is gone.” âWilliam ShakespeareÂ
“One realm we have never conquered: the pure present.” âD. H. LawrenceÂ
“Release the past, the present, and the future. Give your mind the freedom it needs to take you beyond suffering.” âDhammapada: Desires, verse 348Â
“Time bears away all things.” âVirgilÂ
“To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom.” âRalph Waldo EmersonÂ
“We are always getting ready to live, but never living.” âRalph Waldo EmersonÂ
“Who ranks as the highest? One who does not live in the past, the present, or the future.” âDhammapada: The Highest, verse 420Â
“Yesterday is ashes; tomorrow wood. Only today does the fire burn brightly.” âEskimo proverbÂ
“Your three best doctors are faith, time, and patience.” âChinese saying
- What are the different types of tissues
- Do you like cats or dogs more
- What are recent trends on manufacturing
- Did every word begin as a metaphor
- Why did Neymar leave Barcelona
- Is Barak Obama anti Jews
- How frequently do you use credit cards
- Which unrecognised countries do you recognise
- What are the African colonies of Spain
- Why are French protesters wearing yellow vests?no_redirect=1
- Is Mazda3 a good car 1
- What is the history of Alibaba company
- Is the Syrian government exterminating Jews
- What can I do for fairer underarms
- What inspired Andrew Sutherland to create Quizlet
- What mammals have less than 4 legs
- Does clothing sell well on eBay
- Why is the Western world in decline
- Is resenting white privilege racist