What is Domestic Tourism?
The term domestic tourism refers to people taking holidays within their own country. Holidays include visiting friends and family, business trips or a weekend somewhere away from where you live and work. Domestic tourism plays a vital role in achieving the national objectives of promoting social and cultural cohesion and national integration. Its contribution to generation of employment is very high. With the increase in income level and emergence of a powerful middle class, the potential for domestic tourism has grown substantially during the last few years.
The organizations involved in the development of tourism at the center are Ministry of Tourism, Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, India Tourism Development Corporation Limited, Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering and National Institute of Water Sports.The Ministry of Tourism is responsible for formulation and implementation of policies and programs for the development of tourism within the,country and for attracting foreign tourists to India by way of developing tourism infrastructure, publicity and promotion, dissemination of information, coordination and supervision of activities of various segments of industry such as hotels, travel agencies, tour operators, etc.
- Why does Charlie Cheever like Charles Grodin
- What are the most prestigious literary magazines
- Can you unscramble the word MIESL
- What is going on with the democrats
- What is the safe level of bilirubin
- How would you help oppressed Venezuelan citizens
- Can online relationships be genuine
- What is the profession of Naomi Watts
- How did people dry off before towels
- Is Chandigarh good for doing interior designing
- What is the IP address of Google
- Can cannabis lead to schizophrenia and hallucinations
- Why did Facebook create Libracoin
- Why is image stabilization important
- What are brain waves
- Where did all the upvotes go
- Who uses Plone