Aditi Rao Hydari says she does not understand why the idea of feminism is taken negatively as she believes every normal human being should be a feminist.
The 30-year-old was honoured with the youth icon of the decade award by the Women Economic Forum in New Delhi on Monday.
“Every normal person today should be a feminist. Being a feminist should be considered normal.
“The fact that women make half the world should be respected. Every human is a feminist and if they are not, something is wrong with them. It should be in the upbringing and not looked upon as something unusual,” Aditi told PTI.
The actor believes it is important for women to be financially independent as it is one of the prime steps towards self-empowerment.
Aditi Rao Hydari addressed a gathering of delegates of Women Economic Forum - 2017 in New Delhi on May 8, 2017. ( IANS )
“Financial independence is very important. It gives you a confidence to believe that you don’t have to depend on anybody practically. When you start working and earning your money, it gives you a thrill. The fact that I am not answerable to anybody empowers me,” she says.
Aditi will next be seen in Omung Kumar’s Bhoomi. The movie also marks Sanjay Dutt’s comeback.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
- What is some rousing hip hop music
- How was Easter Island settled
- Why do my eyes randomly shake twitch
- Do American politicians just want power
- What does the word Hatha mean
- What do swords represent in Tarot
- What is the most famous Bhojpuri dialogue
- How oscillations are produced
- What causes ulcerative proctitis
- What is mobile marketing in digital marketing
- Is social media really entertaining
- Which are the most beautiful computer cases
- What movie made Julia Roberts famous
- What is your experience with Archway Publishing
- CMS for Beginners
- How French revolution affected India
- What happened to Greece?no_redirect=1
- Did Obama run for election in 2004
- What is World Heart Day
- Is SEAL Team Six overrated