Honey is available in several shapes and forms. Throughout history, honey has been used as a medicine and sweetener. You can get honey from the store or directly from the beekeepers.
But you need to be aware that not all honey is created equal. A lot of times, honey bought at the store is heavily processed or pasteurized.
The process of pasteurization destroys enzymes, amino acids, minerals and vitamins in the honey and this decreases the nutritional value of honey.
Pasteurized and unpasteurized honey is never the same. Unfortunately, many people don’t know the difference between the two types of honey and they ignore the condition. Let’s tackle the differences between the two;
Difference Between Pasteurized VS Unpasteurized Honey
- Unpasteurized honey has all the enzymes, vitamins and nutrients intact
- Pasteurized honey has little to no pollen
- Unpasteurized honey contain antifungal, as well as, antiviral properties
- Pasteurized honey may have antibiotics
- Unpasteurized honey helps ward of allergies
- Unpasteurized honey helps to balance blood sugar levels and stabilize blood pressure
- The main ingredient of pasteurized honey is High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) and this ingredient has been linked to diabetes, liver damage, obesity and hypertension
- The pasteurized honey HFCS is derived from GMO corn
- Unpasteurized honey contains powerful antioxidants
- Pasteurized honey can lead to narrowing of the blood vessels
Unpasteurized Honey Benefits
Naturally, honey contains some serious benefits and it need to be your nutritious addition to your food. Here are some of the health benefits unpasteurized honey has to offer;
1.Source of antioxidants
Unpasteurized honey contains some plant chemicals which are called antioxidants. The antioxidant compounds in honey are called polyphenols and it plays an important role in the body by preventing heart disease.
Honey has been found to be the best germ killer and it can also aid in tissue regeneration. It can also boost healing time and reduce infection. But remember that the money which is used in hospital settings has been inspected and sterile. So don’t treat cuts with the honey you’ve bought from the store.
3.Has antibacterial and antifungal properties
Raw honey contains hydrogen peroxide which is an antiseptic. The honeycan kill unwanted fungus and bacteria.
The phytonutrients in honey is responsible for antibacterial and antifungal power, as well as, antioxidant properties. This is why raw honey has immune boosting and anticancer benefits. Pasteurized honey doesn’t contain these valuable nutrients.
5.Help for digestive issues
Honey is a potent prebiotic and this means that the product is capable of nourishing the good bacteria that lives in the intestines. Therefore, unpasteurized honey is effective as a treatment for H. pylori bacteria.
6.Soothe a sore throat
If you have a cold, then a spoonful of honey will give you the best relief. You can add honey to hot tea with lemon and the cold virus will go away. The product also works great as a cough suppressant. Also, honey is as effective as dextromethorphan. Honey can work better than cough medications.
It can be challenging to differentiate between pasteurized and unpasteurized honey. Currently, the market is polluted with health damaging honey and the sadness about such honey is that it is cheap.
When you want to buy honey, you need to be careful. You deserve to use honey which is raw and organic. I have reviewed the best unpasteurized honey brands in this site and it will give you tons of health benefits without damaging your health, click here to read the review
- Is AI only a money making machine
- Which service model does AWS offer
- Did Trump inspire the MeToo movement
- What philosophy you follow in software
- What is giloy called in English
- Is Hasee Toh Phasee underrated
- What is Graphene PPT
- What foods boost testosterone and lower estrogen
- What is some good music from Portugal
- How can I make people educated
- Is the anti vaccination movement a cult
- How does ADP work
- Which mobile has the best sound quality
- What published book did JFK write
- What does the word rote mean
- What is cold coffee
- Why is Game of Thrones ending
- What are the slots under mailboxes for
- Why was the Simon commission formed