I won't slam Django, Django is good. Its most salient traits are its mindshare, liberality with features, big plugin ecosystem. And these traits were not all present from the beginning, when it was the Django developers who were reinventing wheels and going without features. Django's top traits are historically contingent. So in an alternate history, we might be talking about CherryPy having basically the same problems, because of the inherent pain of taking on so many features so quickly, then maintaining backward compatibility, etc.
Good framework or library code takes significantly longer to develop than similar functionality inside an app. When you add goals like trying to reduce boilerplate and coupling, it gets much harder and slower. It is totally valid to question why not just charge ahead with something easier to develop and get done more quickly. There is a real issue to think about here, it's not so clear cut.
It isn't as simple as saying "Flask is only nice because it has no features, anything with features is necessarily ugly." Both features and clean design take time and if you want both, even more time. But design is hard while features earn mindshare and dollars... if they work reliably, then who is complaining?
Now, at this point, Flask actually has a significant mindshare and plugin ecosystem of its own, so it is really inaccurate to say it has no features. And actually Flask does have a number of dependencies as well, with much of its implementation tucked away in Werkzeug (which is hardly a simple library).
- Who actually was Kunala Maurya
- How can I start with Linux
- How much is 1 Richter in Hertz
- How secure is Skype for sensitive conversations
- Is it wrong to pray to Jesus
- Why dont I trust anyone
- Can cats enjoy playing computer games
- Do insurance claims expire
- Will Fuchsia replace Android and Chrome OS
- Are Hong Kong and Taiwan allies
- Is 110 70 normal blood pressure
- Can every thought be expressed in words
- Human life in India
- How do they make Thermocol?no_redirect=1
- Which is better Faber Castell or Staedtler
- How has relativism affected modern society
- Are all Germans well educated and polite
- When can I buy health insurance