We love Chinese food, especially the Indianised version! Noodles, rice, soups — name it and your mouth starts watering. But irrespective of its taste and how much we love eating it, you cannot neglect the fact that it can be unhealthy and can have adverse effects.
Increases your cholesterol levels: Fried Rice and noodles are a Chinese staple, but the amount of oil that goes in cooking them can escalate your blood cholesterol levels. Read about 10 cholesterol lowering foods.
Acidity: The excessive oil in Chinese food can make your stomach churn more acid. Oily food tends to stay for long in the stomach, producing more acid and irritate the intestinal lining.
Headaches: Chinese food is commonly associated with headaches and the compound responsible for headaches is monosodium glutamate (MSG). It is known to significantly increase muscle tenderness and headaches. Read about the side effects of MSG.
Bloating: Thanks to the oil in Chinese food, it makes you gassy and can cause physical discomfort. Oily food tends to delay stomach emptying, lingering inside for a long time and make you feel bloated.
Hypertension: Chinese food also has a lot of salt. Eating it often can increase your blood pressure giving rise to various other complications of the heart. If you suffer from cardiovascular diseases, it is best you avoid eating Chinese food.
Weight gain: Rice and noodles are rich in carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are broken down quickly by the body for energy generation and don’t keep you full for a longer time. As a result of which you tend feel hungry more quickly and eat more, gaining weight.
You may like to read:
- 12 ways to eat healthy at a Chinese restaurant
- Indian snacks v/s Chinese food — which option is healthier
- 6 low-calorie Chinese recipes for weight watchers
Image source: Shutterstock
Published : August 27, 2015 1:16 pm | Updated:August 27, 2015 1:41 pm
- How do we make chocolate biscuits
- What is the reverse charge of VAT
- Do radioactive atoms have a free will
- What are synthetic phonics
- Will we ever resume space exploration
- Can you have dragon fruit on keto
- Whats the definitive version of Spider Man
- Can I use Tkinter on my website
- What is a mollybet betting platform
- Where do rabbits hide
- Is Tientsin Tianjin in Manchuria or China
- How should I name my kids
- Why is glass building material easily broken
- What is your recommendation for Bluetooth earphones
- What are the basic commands for Vim
- What screams I m upper middle class
- What is the plural of bureau
- Why is it important to recycle paper
- Are some vaccines more dangerous than others
- Can the tooth whitening remove plaque