Steve Jobs took the wraps off Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, at the Worldwide Developer Conference this morning, but Australians will have to wait until they can get their hands on the latest Apple gadget. While US consumers only have to wait until 24 June to get their hands on the iPhone 4, Aussies are left with hanging, with the smartphone listed as being available in "late July".
When will the iPhone 4 be available in Australia?
Because no firm date has been announced all we can do is speculate, but we expect the iPhone 4 Australian launch to follow the pattern of the iPhone 3GS' Down Under release — it will most likely launch on a Friday, perhaps 23 July or 30 July being the best bets. History suggests that Apple likes Friday for iPhone launches.
Where will I be able to buy the iPhone 4 from?
Although no further details of Australian availability have been announced, you can bet that the iPhone 4 will be available from all four major telcos in Australia — Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and 3. It should also be available on Virgin Mobile, just like the current iPhone 3GS.
Like the current iPhone, the iPhone 4 should also be sold outright through Apple's Retail Stores, including the newly opened Bondi Junction store, and through its online store.
How much will the iPhone 4 cost?
No Australian pricing details have been announced, but we expect the iPhone 4 to carry a similar price to the current iPhone 3GS, perhaps with a slight increase. Most people will sign up to a two-year contract for the iPhone 4, though no new plans or details have been revealed by any Australian telcos. In the US, the iPhone 4 will sell for US$199 for the 16GB model and US$299 for the 32GB model, with both versions available in black and white.
For full details on all the iPhone 4's new features, read our iPhone 4 preview.
Also check out all the angles of Apple's latest smartphone in our Apple iPhone 4 gallery.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Tags smartphonesApplemobile phonesiPhoneWWDC 2010iphone 4
Join the newsletter!
Error: Please check your email address.
- What is the Hindi word for lover
- How do I invest in Qualtrics
- Can you drink fruit juice on keto
- What are some beautiful music only albums
- Whats your favorite number theory problem
- Whats your preference meatballs or meat sauce
- Why do conservatives call liberals names
- Why many people hate Mikhail Gorbachev
- What do Japanese think about Bangladesh
- Which country produces the most compact discs
- What does parum mean in Latin
- What does LOAD DATA do
- What screams I live in San Francisco
- What is loyalty versus truth in business
- What is a decently good graphics card
- How is the written constitution rigid
- Why are devops paid more than developers
- How advanced was medieval philosophy
- Why shouldnt down votes require a comment