Treating Gonorrhea: An Overview
Gonorrhea treatment involves taking antibiotics. Healthcare providers usually prescribe a single dose of one of the following antibiotics for treating gonorrhea:
If you are pregnant, or you are younger than 18 years of age, you should not take ciprofloxacin or ofloxacin. Talk to your healthcare provider, who can prescribe the best and safest antibiotic for you.
Gonorrhea and chlamydia, another common sexually transmitted infection (STI), often infect people at the same time. Therefore, doctors usually prescribe a combination of antibiotics, such as ceftriaxone and doxycycline, or azithromycin, which will treat both infections.
Instructions for Gonorrhea Treatment
It is important to take all of the medication that is prescribed by your doctor to cure gonorrhea. Although medication will stop the infection, it will not repair any permanent damage that is caused by the infection. If you have gonorrhea, you should talk with all of your sexual partners, because they should get tested for gonorrhea, too, even if they do not have any symptoms. If you have gonorrhea, you should avoid sexual contact until you and your partner(s) have been treated and cured.
People who have had gonorrhea and have been treated can get the infection again if they have sexual contact with people who have the infection. If a person's gonorrhea symptoms continue even after receiving treatment, he or she should return to the doctor to be reevaluated.
Gonorrhea Treatment Article Continues on Next Page >
- Can rabbits eat branches
- Do more gun laws prevent gun deaths
- Will 100 pure cocaine kill you
- Can I show my boobs
- Why do we celebrate Karnataka Rajyotsava
- Why are genetically modified organisms so controversial
- Do dislikes on TikTok affect earning potential
- What is Banking Analyst
- What do you learn from your job
- Why do businesses discontinue popular items
- Are narwhals mammals
- Why did you post a broken link
- What are the language learning theories
- Are plastic bags banned in Hawaii
- What is osteopathic medicine
- Is urban culture America s culture now
- Is Jack Dorsey an effective CEO
- Why should I love chemistry 8
- When does flirty become creepy at work