The question you have to ask yourself is this: does slavery make money, in whatever economy they have?
If the answer is yes, then that's reason enough, barring ethics issues.
So, ask yourself these questions:
is labor cheaper than tech used to achieve whatever money making thing they're using the labor for?
does the culture of the aliens serve to make humans a sort of pet and/or pleasure slave? If they are too different in type for the latter, then an economy wherein humans and other aliens are treated as curiosities for the wealthy to own, especially if the aliens believe us to be lesser--that could make sense.
would there actually be any economic incentive and technological means for aliens to enslave humans, or would the vastness of space and drastic differences between our species dissuade them from it?
The answer is yes, there could be an economic incentive, and yes, this is broad. Anything from mining to farming to servant labor, or an "exotics" market (kind of like the illegal exotic pets market). As for technological means, just put an explodey collar or implant on said humans, or something that causes pain or pleasure.
answered Apr 11 '17 at 23:39
29.4k33 gold badges4848 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- What is the reverse charge of VAT
- How do you say tick in French
- What is niche low competition
- How much ml is 1 mg
- Whats Quoras valuation 2015
- What benefits does Medicare Australia provide
- Whats the difference between brass and gold
- What are some alternatives to trycelery com
- What is the best hospital in Seattle
- What do you love about Olive Garden
- Why are people drawn to psychological thrillers
- What was the costliest bicycle ever built
- Which activity burns most calories
- What is toxic smoke
- Is AstroTurf grass bad for the environment
- Is WhatsApp good?no_redirect=1