I spend around $50-$60 a month for 4 adults and I buy my hay, pellets, and pine bedding in bulk. This is not including what I have already spent on cages, fleece bedding and accessories(food dishes, water bottles, houses, tunnels, etc)($300+). In the begining when I only had 3 I didn't buy in bulk and spent at least $25 a week.
Fresh veggies and lots of hay NEEDS to be fed EVERY day.
They can also have health problems and need vet care(at least $30 a visit not including any meds).
Guinea pigs can live up to 8+ years if properly cared for. They should always be kept in pairs or groups(same sex or altered) indoors, in a cage with at least 7.5sq ft(10sq ft for males) on one level and daily floor time/handling, to be happy and healthy. I have found fleece with mattress pads underneath is the easiest and cheapest for bedding.
They should have unlimited access to fresh water(no Vit C drops) and grass hay available at all times, 1/8-1/4 cup of plain guinea pig pellets(no coloured bits, nuts, seeds, or dried veggies) and 1 cup of fresh veggies per pig daily. Store bought treats/seed sticks are often unhealthy and potentially harmful.
Same sex animals living together DO NOT need to be altered, it does not change behaviour and will not make them get along. Breeding is very dangerous for the females, so do not keep intact opposite sexed animals together.
NEVER use a running wheel, exercise ball or harness and leash, never feed any dairy or anything cooked, frozen, canned, baked, molded, etc, never feed rabbit food, never house with other animals(rabbits, etc), do not allow young children to handle them, and never leave them outdoors unattended.
Source(s): Owner to 5 guinea pigs (3 males, 1 female and 1 newborn pup) My C&C cages- stacked are 11.5 sq-ft each (2 males in the lower and 1 female and 1 newborn pup in the top) the other male's cage(on the floor) is 8.4 sq-ft http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/Ash-Ro678/...
- Who is your least favorite Pokemon character
- Will the World Cup be in Qatar
- When will the world respect each other
- Can a narcissist get better or change
- Why do people like royal blue
- Where was the Battle of Britain fought
- What percentage of iPhones have been jailbroken
- Does vermicelli and sooji has gluten
- What does 0 5 BHK mean
- What is the average knitted hat height
- What makes the gig economy so effective
- Why do I hear frequencies
- Are tech internships usually paid or unpaid
- Is pwBPD a neurotypical
- What is thoracic surgery for lung cancer
- When will I die after drinking antifreeze
- Should I dump my very dramatic friend